Design Pool Library, Tips for Interior DesignersKristin Crane
Interior designers have more flexibility than ever now to customize projects. Yet, many don’t realize just how easy (not to mention affordable) it is thanks to advances in print-on-demand technology. What used to be reserved for big projects and big budgets is now accessible to anyone and for any project. There is one problem though. With so many options, where do you even start? How does an interior designer license a pattern? How do you license a design? Who pays who? We’re biased, but we think a great place to start is the Design Pool Library.
Kristen Dettoni created Design Pool because she is excited about how quickly print-on-demand technology is growing and sees its potential to change the way we’ve traditionally done business. Using expertise and industry knowledge, she opened up an avenue to connect designers directlyto both the latest print-on-demand technology and a rich library of patterns. Let’s break down how to use it.
What is in the Design Pool Library?
- Hundreds of curated designs specific to commercial and residential interiors.
- An easy to navigate interface to search for patterns using multiple search criteria. Just type in what you’re looking for, such as floral, red or trellis.
- Five unique colorways for each pattern, in an easily scalable vector file type.
- Flexibility to work with a designer to custom color any pattern to match your color reference perfectly.
- Opportunity to work with a designer to create completely custom patterns.
- Connection to trusted print-on-demand partners with high-quality, commercial-grade, innovative products.
- Sustainable advantages of printing only what you need.
How does it work?
- Search our library of licensable designs.
- Choose your pattern.
- Click on the product icon you would like to order from one of our trusted partners.
- Fill out the form to request a sample, custom color, custom design, or quote.
- Add your sample to your mood board!
After you’ve made your decision, you place your order directly with our partner and pay the manufacturer for your yardage. A lot of people wonder how we get paid. It’s the manufacturer who pays us. They license the design and pay us through a royalty structure. Even in uncertain economic times, maybe especially in uncertain times, licensing a design is a smart financial decision.
Whether your next project is a small bakery or a boutique hotel, we can help you add a custom element. Have questions? We are happy to answer them. Either leave them in the comments or feel free to email us.