Join us at the IIDA New England Fashion ShowKristin Crane
We are so excited to invite you to join us at the IIDA New England Fashion Show! Design Pool has partnered with Paul Lewandowski of Paul Designs Project to create two garments to compete in this year’s fashion show. IIDA New England describes the event as “The most unconventional show in Boston” and serves as a time for the interior design community to get together to mingle and network.
The IIDA New England Fashion Show takes place on Thursday, November 3, 2022, at The Hub on Causeway in Boston, Massachusetts. Doors open at 6:00 PM, the show starts at 8:00 PM, and an after-party follows. Tickets are available through the IIDA New England website.
The theme of this year’s show is: Emerge. With this theme in mind, designers create original garments expressing this theme. Participants must construct their garments from unconventional materials supplied by industry vendors, with no more than 50% being actual fabric. Furthermore, “models are required to be employees of the design firm, vendor partner companies or industry partner companies.” No pros allowed!
All entries will be judged, and awards will be given in several categories, including:
- Best School Entry: Awarded to the most impressive entry created by a school.
- Best Interpretation of Theme: Awarded to the entry that best interprets “Emerge.”
- Best Use of Materials: Awarded to the entry that most strategically showcases an industry material.
- Best Silhouette: Awarded to the entry that has a distinguished shape as compared to other looks.
- Most Innovative: Awarded to the entry that best uses creative and original thinking to execute a look.
- Flying Colors: Awarded to the entry that best showcases a variety of colors in a compelling way. Pret-a-Porter: Awarded to the entry with looks most apt to be found off-the-rack in a retail shop as ready-to-wear.
- Best Hair & Makeup: Awarded to the entry with the most outstanding aesthetic in hairstyle and makeup application
But that’s not it! Judges will also have an eye on the crowd. Judges will award the Best Dressed Guest to an audience member who best interprets the theme will their own statement look.
Sorry, we’re keeping that secret at the moment! But we can tell you that we will submit two looks to the competition, and our very own Kristin Crane will be one of the models. Stay tuned for details on our garments after their debut on the runway! And be sure you’re following us on Instagram for real-time updates from the show.