Design Pool’s NeoCon Survival GuideKristin Crane
NeoCon is one of the most important events in the commercial interiors industry. Since launching in 1969, it has brought together designers, architects, manufacturers, students, and end-users all under one roof. This year’s event is taking place October 4 – 6, 2021 at theMART in Chicago. Anyone who has been to NeoCon before knows this is a small industry and this show can feel a lot like a class reunion. You’ll likely be bumping into people from different jobs throughout your career. And hopefully, you’ll also be meeting lots of new people. If this is your first time attending, we put together a fun NeoCon Survival Guide for you to get the most out of the event while feeling and looking good.
Comfort is Key.
There is so much to see and so much inspiration. Get a good night’s sleep, load up on coffee, and plan your look for comfort. (Fashionable comfort, of course, this is a design show!) That being said, keep these three things in mind:
- Wear comfortable shoes. You are going to be on your feet a lot, both standing and walking.
- Pack a light and comfortable bag. Sore shoulders from a heavy bag can be just as draining as sore feet. Carry a small bag packed with only what you need.
- Think layers. In the June events, the AC was always blasting in theMART and we would tell everyone to bring a light sweater. Who knows what it will be like in October? Best to wear something versatile so you’re comfortable.
Pack light, but don’t forget the essentials.
Our mobile devices have replaced so many heavy things in our bags, leaving you room for essentials. Here’s what you need to remember to pack:
- Business cards. Even though so much is digital, in a crowded and busy show, handing someone your card is still one of the most efficient ways to quickly share your info. Pro tip: keep your cards in an easy to access pocket so you’re not digging through your bag every time you want to give one out.
- Water. You will definitely need to stay hydrated.
- Portable charger. Arrive fully charged and be ready to charge on the go if you start running low.
- A mask. It is 2021 after all. As of this writing, masks are required in all common areas. For the most up to date information on what safety guidelines are in place, visit theMART’s website.
The most important tip: don’t forget to have fun. There is a lot to see and do, but don’t forget to slow down and enjoy the event. Attend lectures and networking events and try to talk with people besides your coworkers. We are so excited to be making our debut as an exhibitor and launching a new collection of patterns. We can’t wait to meet you in person to show how easy it is to use Design Pool to tap into the world of digital, on-demand printing.
Is this your first time attending NeoCon? We hope our NeoCon Survival Guide helps you have a great event and an inspiring experience. Let us know if you have any questions about how best to plan your time there. And be sure to visit us in Booth 7-4049! Kristen Dettoni and Kristin Crane will both be attending.